How to steam clean car wheels
What equipment do I need?
Purchase equipment that produces superheated, steam vapour. Look for a machine that produces a temperature of +160 degrees Celsius.
Once you have your car steam cleaning machine sorted, take a look at what attachments you will need. Our car cleaning equipment comes with a range of exterior and interior vehicle cleaning attachments. For the wheels, you will need the following:
- Steam lance
- Wheel brush
- Break dust chemical (if required)
What’s the process?
- If wheels are very dirty, pre-spray them with wheel cleaning chemical and agitate the wheel with a wheel brush to break up dirt and grime.
- Using the steam lance, rinse wheels with hot water and blast with steam vapour.
- Using the steam vapour feature, steam clean the wheels and use the wheel brush to break up any remaining grime. Do this in a clockwise direction, going in a downwards direction until you have finished the wheel.
- Finish with a wipe down of the wheel with a dry microfibre cloth.
Download our free tips guide on how to use "steam vapour" to clean your vehicle.